SMART MIMIC, INC.
Last Revised: March 19, 2019
Smart Mimic, Inc. (“Smart Mimic”, “Company”, “us”, “we”, and “our”) has developed and designed a security and tracking device (the “Mimic Device”) in order to protect and secure your personal belongings from theft. Our website, www.smartmimic.com, enables consumers (“User”, “you”, or “your”) to purchase the Mimic Device and track and protect your belongings once attached to the Device.
SMART MIMIC DOES NOT KNOWINGLY SOLICIT OR COLLECT PERSONAL DATA FROM CHILDREN BELOW THE AGE OF 13. IF WE DISCOVER THAT WE HAVE UNINTENTIONALLY COLLECTED PERSONAL DATA FROM A CHILD BELOW 13, WE WILL REMOVE THAT CHILD’S PERSONAL DATA FROM OUR RECORDS PROMPTLY. HOWEVER, WE MAY COLLECT PERSONAL DATA ABOUT CHILDREN BELOW THE AGE OF 13 YEARS OF AGE FROM THE PARENT OR GUARDIAN DIRECTLY, AND WITH PRIOR CLEAR, WRITTEN PARENTAL OR GUARDIAN CONSENT.
- INFORMATION FROM USERS
We collect the following information from our Users:
- Information You Provide to Us
We may collect personal information from you, such as your first and last name, e-mail, username, and password when you create an account (i.e., “register”) to log in to our Services (“Account”). If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply. If you sign up for our newsletter, we will collect your e-mail address.
If you participate in any survey about our Website, Application, and/or Services, we will collect all information provided in your answers. If you participate in a sweepstakes, contest, or other promotion on our Services, we may ask you for your e-mail address and/or phone number (to notify you if you win or not). We may also ask for first and last name and sometimes postal address to verify your identity.
- Information You Provide to Facebook, Google, and other Social Networking Sites
The Services allow users to create an Account using their accounts with certain social networking sites (each, an “SNS”) supported by us. If you are not currently registered as a user of the Services, and you click on “Sign in” using Facebook, Google, or another SNS that we support, you will first be asked to enter your Facebook, Google, or SNS credentials and then be given the option to register for the Services. In this case, we may receive information from Facebook, Google, or another SNS to make it easier for you to create an Account on the Site and show our relevant content from your Facebook, Google, or SNS friends. Any information that we collect from your Facebook, Google, or other SNS account may depend on the privacy settings you have with that SNS, so please consult the SNS’s privacy and data practices. Further, you can edit privacy settings for the reviews that appear on Facebook or disconnect your Services activity stream by visiting the Facebook Applications Settings page.
- Information Collected via Technology
- Mobile Services. We may also collect non-personal information from your mobile if you have downloaded any of our Applications. This information is generally used to help us deliver the most relevant information to you. Examples of information that may be collected and used include your geographic location, how you use the Application, and information about the type of device you use. In addition, in the event our Application crashes on your mobile device, we will receive information about your mobile device model software version and device carrier, which allows us to identify and fix bugs and otherwise improve the performance of our Application.
- Pixel Tags. In addition, we use “Pixel Tags” (also referred to as clear Gifs, Web beacons, or Web bugs). Pixel Tags are tiny graphic images with a unique identifier, similar in function to Cookies that are used to track online movements of Web and App users. In contrast to Cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, Pixel Tags are embedded invisibly in Web and App pages and e-mails. Pixel Tags also allow us to send e-mail messages in a format user can read, and they tell us whether e-mails have been opened to ensure that we are sending only messages that are of interest to our users. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to a user.
(d) Information Collected from You About Others
As part of your use of the Services, we provide you the opportunity to automatically invite your family and friends to use the Services. We employ various techniques in order to facilitate friends and family finding each other on our service, including offering contact importer tools to facilitate adding to your contacts (including Facebook Friends and contacts in your address book) so that you can more readily ask your contacts to join and communicate with you through the Services. With your permission, we will access your address book and import your contacts’ names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, image, geographic location, and Facebook IDs to facilitate automatic connection with your friends. When you invite friends to the Services, we will access your Address Book and we will import your contacts names and phone numbers in order to facilitate the invitation. We may also use the information we collect from your Address Book to market our Services to your contacts. The e-mail that is sent to your friends will come from your e-mail address so that your friends know that you want to invite them to visit the Site. We do not store any passwords you provide as part of the contact import process. We also collect some settings that help us to interpret your data, such as the language and keyboard settings that you have established, and the phone’s carrier, mobile network code, and mobile country code.
- USE INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM USERS
- General Use
In general, personal information you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. We use your personal information in the following ways:
- facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our network;
- identify you as a User in our system;
- provide improved administration of our Services;
- provide the Services you request;
- improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Website, Application, and Services;
- provide you with details regarding your property as connected to the Device and other related information;
- send you a welcome e-mail to verify ownership of the e-mail address provided when your Account was created;
- send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories;
- send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our Services and for other marketing purposes of Company.
- Mimic Device Information
We use Mimic Device Information to provide User(s) of the corresponding Paired Application with data related to the Device’s analytics to help Users interpret the raw data, alerts on potential issues with recommendations, proximity alerts to notify Users of the location the Device, security alerts, and to otherwise provide you with the Services you request. We may also use Device Information to improve our Services.
- Creation of Anonymous Data
We may create anonymous data records from personal information by excluding information that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this anonymous data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our Services and improve Application navigation. We reserve the right to use anonymous data for any purpose and disclose anonymous data to third parties in our sole discretion.
- TERRITORIAL RESTRICTION
Please be aware that information that you provide to Smart Mimic while registering/accessing/using our Website, Application, and Services may be transferred to or processed in the US and are subject to applicable US laws. The privacy and data protection laws in the US may not be equivalent to the laws in your country of residence. If you are not comfortable with application of US laws to your information that you provide, do not register/access or use our Website, Applications, and Services.
If you have any questions regarding this section, please e-mail us at email@example.com.
- COPPA COMPLIANCE
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) is federal legislation that applies to entities that collect and store personal information from children under the age of 13. Smart Mimic is committed to ensure compliance with COPPA.
The Smart Mimic Website, Applications, and Services are used and accessed by consumers who may be parents or guardians. All information about children provided to Smart Mimic is provided directly by parents/guardians.
If you would like to more about our practices in relation to COPPA compliance, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CONTACTING SMART MIMIC
Smart Mimic, Inc.
Address: 2225 E. Bayshore Rd., Palo Alto, CA 94303
- DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Mimic Device Information. In general, we will only share Device Information with the User of the corresponding Paired Application. As the User of a Paired Application, you may choose to share the information we collect from the Device that has been paired to your Paired Application with other Users of the Services designated by you.
- Third Party Service Providers. We may share your personal information with third party service providers to: (i) provide you with the Services that we offer you; (ii) fulfill your order or subscription for any products, services or other goods; (iii) conduct quality assurance testing; (iv) facilitate creation of accounts; to provide technical support; and/or (v) provide other services within the Company. You can request a detailed list of third party service providers that collects or maintains your personal information through our Website and Services by e-mailing us at email@example.com.
- YOUR CHOICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
You have several choices regarding use of information through our Website, Application, and/or Services:
- Changing or Deleting Your Personal Information. You may change any of your personal information in your Account by editing your settings within your Account or by sending an e-mail to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may request deletion of your personal information by us, and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request, but please note that we may be required to keep such information to comply with applicable laws and not delete it, or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements. When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives or backups. We may also retain your information for fraud prevention or similar purposes.
- You can stop all collection of information by an Application by uninstalling the Application. You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network.
- Do Not Track Signals. Some web browsers may transmit “do not track” signals to the websites and other online services with which your web browser communicates. There is no standard that governs what, if anything, websites should do when they receive these signals. We currently do not take action in response to these signals. If and when a standard is established, we may revise our policy on responding to these signals.
- Social Networking Services (“SNS”). If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to have your SNS account linked to your Account, then you may de-link the SNS account in the “preferences” section in your account settings. You may also manage the sharing of certain personal information with us when you connect with us through an SNS. Please refer to the privacy settings of the SNS to determine how you may adjust our permissions and manage the interactivity between the Services and your social media account.
- DATA SECURITY
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website and/or Application, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with any unauthorized entity. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your and your child’s personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website and/or Application. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website and/or Application. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, our storage of your personal information is not an electronic health record and we do not comply with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996, as amended from time to time (“HIPAA”). Please do not provide us with any protected health information (“PHI”), as defined in HIPAA.
- YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website, Application, and/or Services that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or write us at 2225 E. Bayshore Rd., Palo Alto, CA 94303.